The third annual Food Love Tech (FLT), an education-by-entertainment expo is returning to Industry City area of Brooklyn on the 2ndand 3rdof November and I will be attending for the second time. If you love food and technology, this is a not to be missed event in one of the coolest areas of Brooklyn. Move over Manhattan, Brooklyn is where it’s at these days!
Celebrating the future of food and drink, FLT will bring consumers, food-enthusiasts and industry professionals together. Attendees will have the opportunity to test drive food technologies and innovations from present to next-generation frontiers through experiential exhibits, linking immersive installations, technologies, tastings (yes, lots of amazing tastings, many of them healthy), leadership panels and dining experiences to explore food/drink technology and innovation.
Featured Chefs will showcase their talents and culinary innovations through demos and tastings. This year’s chefs include:
- Chef Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern, will be hosting an exclusive Gramercy Tavern pop up
- Chef Bill Telepan of Oceana
- Chef Suzanne Cupps of Untitled
- Chef Brad Farmerie from Saxon + Parole
- Chef Sohui Kim of Insa Brooklyn
There will be panel discussions over the two-day event that cover diverse topics such as:
- How Can Technology Make Us Better Cooks?
- CRISPR, GMO or No: Genetics’ Role in the Food Supply (I can’t wait to hear this topic because everything I’ve studied has made me shun GMO’s)
Big questions that will be answered include: Mail carriers entering your home to stock your fridge, groceries at your doorstep via drone, plant-based meat that “bleeds” (weird but true…this is cutting edge stuff)—if this is increasingly how we’re eating now, then what can we expect in 2020? 2050?
And given a growing world population and climate change concerns, which of these innovations do we actually need?
Expo line-up includes:
- In the FIELD: Digging up the dirt on more innovative growing techniques, harvesting and farming
- In the Sea: Taking a deeper dive into safe and more sustainable consumption of fish and other sea creatures
- In Good Health: More than just superfoods and super greens, the companies using food to improve our overall health and wellbeing
- In the City: The companies helping you make better choices in the city
- On the Horizon: Showcasing the companies leading the way of the next generation of food and beverage consumption
- Incubator Alley: The innovation alley will give you the chance to taste and test out favourite incubators
- In the Home: Innovation and best practices to take home with you
- Future of the Cocktail: Returning as the opening night celebration on Friday 2nd November, sponsored by Bluepoint Brewing Co. and Belvedere Vodka. The evening will showcase the skills of more creative bartenders and mixologists in NYC.
WHERE: Industrial City, 220 36thStreet, Brooklyn, NY 11232
WHEN: Friday 2nd– Saturday 3rd November, between 10am and 4pm
Tickets can be purchased online at foodlovestech.com for $75 each
See you there!